Online Only Students
SBA Testing Preview
Middle school IF enrolled for 4 quarters:
85 – 100% progress = Acellus Grade
Below 85% progress, use the calculation below:
If the progress is less than 85%, the average will be calculated between the Acellus grade & progress.
For example: if a student’s progress is 49% and the Acellus grade is 80% the average would be 72.5%
1. Student’s progress divided by 75 or 66 (if they started 2nd quarter) = ____ (49/75=65)
2. Grade % added to the answer from #1 = _______(65+80=145)
3. Divide answer in #2 by 2 (145/2= 72.5)
4. The answer in number 3 is their GRADE (72.5%)
Formula for calculating number of steps to be completed daily: (repeat calculation for each class)
- Subtract # of steps completed from total steps in course (Progress Tab)
- Divide by # of weeks remaining in the year. We are currently in the 2nd week of the 3rd quarter. 9 weeks per quarter. 7+9=16 weeks remaining.
- Divide this amount by the number of school days in the week.
Student has completed 407 of 716 steps for LangArts.
- 19.3 / 4=4.828 (round up to 5) 4 day week because of holiday.
Student needs to complete 5 steps per day to stay on pace for the course.
Students will take these i-Ready tests online at home.
- Students will log into their Clever account. Once they are logged in, they will scroll down to the iReady App and click on it. This will automatically take them to their assessments.
- Each assessment can take up to 90 minutes to complete. Breaks are allowed and ENCOURAGED!
- If the test has timed out after an extra-long break, it will pick up where students left off the next time they log in.
Students, try your best! Take BREAKS!!!!!! We would like you to finish both tests by December 9th. (You can do it!)
Aloha Students and Families,
Please remember to log in to Acellus every day BEFORE 9 am. The school day does not start at 9:00. Your teachers are online by 8:00 just as if you were on campus. Please, your attendance counts! You need to start with LangArts, then you can move to any class you want. Mahalo!
Waikoloa 100% Online Only Acellus Students are finishing up a diagnostic screener in Reading and Math called i-Ready. The i-Ready login can be found on your student's Clever page.
What is i-Ready?
The i-Ready Diagnostic is an adaptive assessment that adjusts its questions to suit your child’s needs. Each item a student receives is based on their answer to the previous question. For example, a series of correct answers will result in slightly harder questions, while a series of incorrect answers will yield slightly easier ones. The purpose of this is not to give your child a score or grade but to determine how to best support their learning.
What can I do to help?
To help prepare your child for the i-Ready Diagnostic, encourage them to:
- Get a good night’s sleep and eat a full breakfast on the day of the assessment.
- Try their best on each question and try not to rush.
- Try not to worry about questions to which they do not know the answers—remind them that it is expected that some questions will be difficult to answer.
- Use paper and pencil to show work for math questions.
Make sure it is quiet with no distractions.
Your student may have to log back into iReady through Clever if the test has timed out. The test will resume where your student has left off.
Please check Messages in Acellus or visit your child's Clever page for more information.